View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 07:34 PM

Boston01X5 is on a distinguished road
Hey guys,

Been a while and wanted to update. So after BBA's epic fail trying to repair the module - brought it back there twice both times they told me they found things wrong but didn't fix my issue mentioned above.

So a friend of mine here Mike sent me an ABS module from an e53 he parted out, which I was very thankful for. So I installed it, and then drove up to him to code it. For the first time ever the speedometer and cruise control were not working after swapping in the new module, figured would come back after coding, not the case.

Anyway he hooked up his software, coded it, everything looked good. But all the lights are still on and we didn't get ANY readings from wheel speed sensors while driving around. I have a very hard time believing all 4 speed sensors are bad... Doesn't make sense at all. In addition to no speedo or cruise control after new module the amber colored "brake" light had changed from amber to red since new module.

I'm hoping someone here actually understands these modules and can help me out and figure out what's wrong before snow hits.

Will send pics of codes right after I installed the module, then after we hooked up laptop etc

Thanks guys any input appreciated.

Sponsored Links