Thread: Dinan Parts???
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 01:07 PM

lkv0315 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcredliner View Post
I always start mods with exhaust. There are very few engines don't benefit from lower restriction exhaust and to get the most out of other mods you will need it anyway. I would purchase the stage 3 tune and transmission software. The throttle body is expensive but is part of the performance gain of the stage 3 tune as is larger MAF housing and their exhaust. Result is 236hp at 5900rpms and 222ft/lbs of torque at 3500. That's 12hp, and more importantly, because torque gets you going, 10ft/lbs of torque all the way from 5000-6500rpms. I think the transmission software is a must do for any E53. The software provides firmer faster shifts, moves shift points to optimum rpms and in manual mode it won't shift until you shift it.

I would also check with Turner Motorsports to see if they have anything. Dinan engine software is somewhat conservative. Turner is usually more aggressive. ECS sometimes doesn't have everything Turner Motorsports has. Another option is to find a local BMW tuner. They are likely to be the most aggressive. Also, may need to use premium fuel as most tunes will increase the timing.
Is there an exhaust you recommend? Sound wise I’m looking for something with a throaty tone, but not something that someone would throw on a Honda Civic if you get what I’m saying.

Sponsored Links