View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 11:03 AM

Effduration is on a distinguished road
you know these are separate tasks. The "light coding" you mention is mostly a one-time or infrequent thing. NCS & PA Soft (BMW Scanner 1.4) are best for this, but they are a little Intensive to load, learn and use.. There a few people out there in the greater BMW world (especially the E46 crowd) who will do the coding for you remotely.

For a handheld. people seem to like the Creator line (310?), although I haven't tried it.

For myself, I use an old-outdated BMW-specific Peake Research R5/FCX3 (Peake might be out of business) for most day-to-day code reads & SES resets for my 5 BMWs. It is powered by the UBS port and sits in a car. You also need the accompanying book to read the codes. People on the forums mostly don't like it, but I am used to it.

I also have INPA, PA Soft, NCS + others (Tool32) loaded/working on a dedicated WinXP laptop that I use occasionally. Among other things I use NCS to immediately code out features I don'want on new-to-me cars..like auto locks, double unlock, etc.

Sponsored Links