View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 05:08 PM

wpoll will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsotnek View Post
Dear good sir wpoll,

I thank you for your deep thorough explanation, although I don’t think that incident concerns me.

For you see only my glow plug’s screwing mechanism was broken off along with its head. As for the shaft its sitting in the same place as it was before the incident. You can easily grab on it with the pliers, but its impossible to remove it from place because it seems carbon has accumulated on its tip and it is proving impossible to remove. So I need to remove the shaft safely which can be grabbed on tightly with pliers but its tip has probably thick layer of carbon which is keeping in the cylinder.

I hope I provided details more clearly, and looking forward for any tips. I also had one idea of starting the engine with the glow plug loose so maybe compression will kick it out, but I don’t know how its possible with e53 since the engine’s collector comes off in order to access the glow plugs.

Thanks in advance.
If you get the engine nice and hot, then remove the manifold in a timely fashion (10-15 mins) then you will stand a better chance of getting the broken tip out, as the carbon build-up will be softened by the heat. Once the engine gets cold, the carbon gets very hard...

Sponsored Links