View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 09:47 PM

ARZ540I is on a distinguished road
2009 X535D Purchase with DEF/EGR Delete - Any words of cautious advice

Hello Folks

Started to scope out the X5 market after looking for a TDI touareg and not finding what i wanted. After viewing 5 or so E70 series X5's i have decided Diesel is the only way to go. Locally is very clean 2009 with 125K Miles, Plenty of maintenance performed over the years including Rear air suspension, Brakes, 60K service, Regular oil services etc. I wasn't aware until i spoke with the owner in person but the cars EGR and DEF system have apparently been deleted. This was done from a preventative standpoint with the owner stating they are weak points of the system and costs several thousand to replace once they fail.

Should i have any major concerns over this? everything i have read indicates this is a common practice with these diesels. Everything else leads me to believe this car has been extremely well taken care of, Test drive was great with very responsive and powerful engine delivery, It honestly drove and looked like it had sub 50k miles.

One thing i did notice, With the drivers window down if you get on the gas it will sound very F250 Superduty-ish, That higher pitched intake injection sound, Not horrible but i noticed it. Pretty sure it didn't sound like that stock.

Anything else i should be looking for as red flags?

Thanks

Sponsored Links