View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 09:59 AM

Clavurion is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwynn View Post
It can be a problem with the harness e g. Frayed wire where it goes through the door hinge.

Best way to ferret out if it’s a wiring problem:

Take the door panel off and the vapor barrier, then jump in the car and lock the door with the key remote twice (second time disables the motion sensor).

Then reach in the door and start yanking on the wiring and see if you can set off the alarm. Odds are far better it’s an in-line wiring problem than internal to the actuator.

Also: do you have something that gave you feedback which door for sure. Dash indicator of door ajar and which?
I've already renewed the lock unit several months ago and it cured the problem. Hall sensor is wired to door module and only bus wire between door module and GM. So if the hinge wiring was the problem all other door functions would fail at the same time. My initial question was more academic interest how that hall sensor has failed on a relatively fresh unit and if you had encountered similar cases. Problem was pinpointed to driver's door because on DIS diagnostics alarm was activated by driver's door and one time I caught the problem with INPA live data showing driver's door contact going on/off even when the door was closed.

Sponsored Links