View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 05:40 PM

ARZ540I is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyro235 View Post
This is a big cost that you're saving in the long run. I deleted mine, and lots of owners choose to delete them at the first sign of trouble out of warranty.
I'd say that if there are records, and it seems liek teh vehicle was taken care of, then the delete is a HUGE bonus. Alone, it's wqorth 2-4 thousand dollars, and it's saving you future headaches. Make sure you know about your state's emissions programs though. Will they test you? OBD? Sniffer test? What company tuned that X5? DUDMD? Malone? JR? Those are a few of the big names in bmw diesel tuning. If you don't have emission testing, it's all bonus, and no negatives except worse contribution to the degredation of teh enviornment, in a miniscule way.

I gained 3-4 mpg in all situations, and a tune woke it up, added about 40% more power, something like that. More power, more efficient, and more reliable. What's not to love?!
Thanks for the feedback, DUDMD done the Tune. I don't have emissions testing here in Washington State. I didn't notice it but i have read a lot about an obnoxious smell after the removal of these items. Like i said i didn't smell it idle but i also didn't sit with the windows down at a light. Hopefully its not to bad and i can just live with it. How is your experience with that ?

Sponsored Links