View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 04:51 PM

TriX5 is on a distinguished road
All's well that ends well :)

So I ordered the chain tensioner and while waiting decided to work on my '05 Tundra to get it ready to sell. I made a 100 mile run in the E53 to the Toyota dealer to recover the Tundra after they did the airbag recall. Then did another 50 mile run in the E53 with my daughter after which my wife took the keys and she has been using it whilst I enjoyed a three night stay at a local hospital from last Sunday..... (No, not Covid related)

Today I am finally back on my feet, the weather is great and was thinking about what to do first. Decided to start INPA and look at the engine codes and the live analog data again since the SEL was still on last Sunday. However, when I started up the e53 to my surprise the SEL was off! The fault code was still stored but clearing it and then restarting the motor did not generate a new FC. Live data now showed Vanos angles 15 deg and dropping to 7-8. I am happy as now it can go to the emissions test. At last she is running as intended after the very long interim on jack stands. )

I will still install the new tensioner and need to fix the oil leak. I now feel I should start looking for a glass supplier for the front windscreen and spend an afternoon cleaning and waxing the paint. Also have a set of headlights that I want to finish modding.

Andrew, thanks again for great pointers!

Sold but not forgotten:
2009 E70 35d, black ext./black int./black headliner (sold 2021)
2006 4.8iS Le Mans blue/cream int./black headliner, SOLD in 2012 sadly...

Other hardware:
2015 Cayenne S (wife's new DD and definitely wroooommmmm)
2016 Tundra 1794 edition crew cab, luxo hauler
2005 Tundra crew cab, weekend hauler. Sold after 150k very happy miles.

Last edited by TriX5; 03-27-2020 at 09:03 AM.

Sponsored Links