View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 12:03 PM

hammerdownineffect is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriX5 View Post
At the time I did mine, the TC puked a whole bunch of metal shavings in to the transmission. So, I cleaned everything and fully replaced all seals as well as the clutch disks.

I am not an expert on these transmissions at all and I can't see an obvious reason for your issues (RRPhill is the guru but I don't know if he stills contributes?). If it were my car and the trans out for third time, I'd go whole hog and completely refresh it including the valve body. But that is just me.....

Yeah, it's really unfortunate that I don't see RRPhill posting anymore, he seemed like the guru for all things ZF trans.

Unfortunately, this rebuild is on a tight budget and I'm not able to throw parts at the car unless it's deemed necessary. I'm trying to be as methodical as possible.

I wish there was a way to override this fail-safe. The trans functions absolutely normally when it's not stuck in that mode. It's almost too sensitive for it's own good.

ZF trans be like: low voltage = fail safe, dirty fluid = fail safe, oh no, a squirrel is on the road, better throw it in fail-safe just to be sure

Sponsored Links