View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 02:31 PM

upallnight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by franccesco30 View Post
Thanks all for your inputs/comments.

The vibration issue started about a year ago. And it only happens when I hard brake at a high speed usually around 60-80 mph. It shakes violently, not your usual steering wheel vibration.

I don't think it's a wheel or tire issue related, I currently run my stagger set "20" and have swapped to my Winter Set up to see, but the issue persists even with a different set of wheels.

The axle that was replaced was not BMW original, I can't remember if the shaking was there before. It was replaced by a well know shop specialized in German Cars here in Springfield VA (German Auto Group). That's where I usually take it for things that I can't repair and to get an alignment.

They have offered to perform a complete complimentary 25 point inspection and will to let me know any recommendations needed for the X5. Hopefully they can determine the issue and will tackle it from there.

Will keep you post it.
The bushings in the thrust arm are shot. Never did like the BMW oil filled bushing with an open space deign. Even less with cheap aftermarket thrust arms. I went with Polyurethane bushing and never had any problem afterward.

I used these in my X when I owned it. I see that they are out of stock at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Front-Strut-R.../dp/B00TALTOES
Lotus Europa 1970 S2 Renault Powered
Lotus Type 52 1970 Twincam Webers Powered
PORSCHE 911 Targa 1982 The Garage Queen
Audi Avant donated to Kars for Kids
BMW 525IT Sold
Audi 4000CS Quattro Sold
Jensen Healey Lotus Powered Sold
Opel 1900 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1971 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1968 Sold
Plymouth "Cuda" 340 Six pack SOLD

Last edited by upallnight; 04-22-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Sponsored Links