View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 02:00 AM

andrewwynn will become famous soon enough
AC failure diag help

The low pressure switch is right near the compressor on the suction line maybe within 1' of the compressor. The connector is almost straight up vertixal.

Mine came loose and was entirely why my AC wasn't working so without diagnostic software that will feedback specifics like state of that sensor, pulling It off and measure the residence of the sensor. Manual will say if it is open or short = good but I'm betting on short = good.

If you can figure out how to disconnect the control wire to the clutch you can direct feed power to engage the clutch. (Don’t keep it engaged until you know you have pressure).

To test pressure you can buy a cheap refill kit with the pressure gauge and get a basic idea of how much pressure.

I don’t recommend adding 134 until you have a better idea of full state of affairs but $15 or $20 will get you a can of 134 and a gauge for the low pressure side which is a decent place to start.

Have somebody else start your car and watch the aux fan. It should move a little bit like 1/4 a turn or something. If it doesn't the fan may not be operational and I've heard that will interfere with HVAC.

I would definitely get a foxwell nt510/520.

Sponsored Links