View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 09:38 PM

andrewwynn will become famous soon enough
I was thinking about the ckp and considering the last sensor I replaced on this engine was the exhaust cam position sensor it is probably due and I think I'll order one along with a new pressure regulator.

Just did some testing and here's what happened.

First key on the pressure only came up to maybe 44. Second time 46 etc.

I turned the key off and on a few more times until I got to 50.

Car still took 2-3x the normal crank to start but did start.

Once started it ran ok. I didn't drive anywhere but I gunned the throttle even no load and the pressure dropped each stab of the throttle. Also As soon as pump not running the pressure immediately drops 3-4#.

Testing on my car I maybe saw 1-2# drop key off and I did see a little dip in psi on WOT, but not nearly as much.

The weird part was the hard start even after charging up to 50 psi but I couldn't see the gauge very well when I cranked. I'm leaving the gauge hooked up so I can see how it behaves after a day sitting and I'll video the start up to see what happens and can compare to mine but I'm confident the FPR has seen it's last days.

Thanks for the suggestion above CKP I've been considering that as a possible culprit from when I had long crank no ignition early on in this recent hiccup. It's due I'm going to order one.

I also think for $40 I'll get the filter as well but I'll cut the old one in half to see how it looks inside and based on that I'll get just FPR for my car.

Both mine and wife's are about 183000 avg miles and both are running lean so maybe a little bit of restriction in the filter is making that difference. Any luck I can punt on the MAF a bit.

Sponsored Links