View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 02:24 PM

samuelis01 is on a distinguished road
Guys thank you really much for responses. I really appreciate it.
So I also I have bought same transmission from junkyard for 20€ thinking that something may come handy.

I have disassembled couple minutes it and discovered interesting thing. Drum of coast clutch is slightly narrower than one from my transmission and it allows 4 pairs of clutch plates for forward clutch to be used instead of 3. So I am definatelly using that part instead. Otherwise that junkard tranny is shot everything is worn badly I was hoping for good forward clutch plates but whatever. At least I have that one better part (and screws )

So I have ordered 4 pairs of forward clutches, teflon shaft seals and paper seals for valvebody.

My pump and regulating valve looks literally as good as new so I am not going to mess with that.

As soon as the components arrive I will put it togheter and let you know, hopefully it will work as good as new.

Also here is link for rebuild maual, maybe ti will be useful for somebody its much more rigorous than one from redraptor : https://shop.ukrtrans.biz/wp-content...logs/5L40E.pdf

Car has 350 000km but trans had to be overhauled already. There were signs of previous disassembly and torque converter was for sure repaired also (non OEM welds)
I will take a look on that thermostat thx for tip .

Sponsored Links