View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 01:23 PM

Rockit is on a distinguished road
I found 2 rusted cables, not the center cable but the casing was rusted and collapsed.

I was able to take the hood release lever off and pull on the cable with pliers and was lucky it was just enough to open the latch.

They have 3 cables, one cable called the "latch" from the latch to the left fender, one called "the left cable" its on the left side and goes together under that union connector on the fender to the left side latches. Then the "center cable" that goes over the radiator and connects both latches.

The latches that go bad are the lower latches, there is NOT a left and a right they can be used on either side.

Amazon sells a cheap knock off kit, I bought OEM from ECS Tuning.

I saw 2 vids on how to change them and they are not 100% right.

Its ashamed I can't post next to the pictures to show you how to do it. Also I can't get another picture to load that shows the latches in the front, keeps telling me the file is to big and its not. At lest what is posted gives you and idea. To get to the hood release you have to take apart the dead pedal box and remove the lower sill plate molding by prying up then pulling forward. The Hood latch's just unbolt, with 3 torx screws. You have to take the 2 push pin plugs out of both side plastic shrouds and just move them back at the top, you don't have to take them completely off to get he latches out.
Attached Images

1972 Porsche 914-6
2020 GLE 450 Twin Turbo
2019 Alfa Stelvio 500hp Quadrifogilo
Many motorcycles

Last edited by Rockit; 07-08-2020 at 10:57 PM.

Sponsored Links