View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 02:05 PM

BigBody is on a distinguished road
For us rear air guys, we gotta be optimistic... It’s only half as hard to fix our setup vs. full air I would personally keep it, as i believe it is superior to full coilovers. It does lots of cool stuff aside from self leveling, like when accelerating hard it will rapidly pump the rear bags to prevent the car from squatting. I’m sure it has other cornering functions as well.

I understand what you mean by the coding of the bags, it’s really hit or miss & hard to determine what is the perfect amount of pressure vs height. I did some experimentation before I replaced the bags & drove them pretty low. I hit the bump stops on hard compressions lol... but once I got the sport bags in & dialed in the height, it’s been perfect. Coding is as easy as it gets. INPA will do it.

My setup is perfect for me as it has really tightened up the front axle response without drastically affecting comfort. A perfect balance between handling and compliance is very important to me as my car lives in NYC & the roads are absolutely awful. Like speed bumps on the expressway awful. On the highway’s in jersey or on a road trip however, the car feels just great. One thing i did notice since running wider tires & coilovers in the front is that the front components need reinforcement. I would destroy the front thrust arm bushings in about a year & my sway bar end links are starting to go as well. Since switching to the solid MeyleHD thrust arms I have no longer had problems, thank god. My sway bar links will be replaced with MeyleHD, I’m just waiting for when I do the brakes. I used rein parts the last time I replaced them & it’s total junk. FCP listed them as OEM yet no longer sells Rein front suspension parts. Hmmm... I changed the infamous ball joints with rein & the bolts they sent were complete junk. FCP ended up sending me a free set of BMW bolts.

Anyway keep us posted on which route you take. If I recall correctly coding out the error message is more involved then coding the rear height. It is the same procedure as coding features into the car so I believe NCS is needed. I’ve done it before but I don’t remember at all; it was years ago. There are also modules sold (or used to be sold) that plug into the sensor & suppress any errors.

Last edited by BigBody; 09-09-2020 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Correction

Sponsored Links