View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 02:46 PM

c-bass is on a distinguished road
While I was vacuuming I noticed a couple times if I came close to the end of the carpet at the door jam some visible water would get sucked up. I did mention that the carpet was WET so this didn't surprise me all that much...

However I wasn't expecting what I saw when I took a peek under the carpet

All the low spots in the floor had at least 1/2" of water just sitting there, nevermind the foam being soaked

Investigating a little further, I decided that the only thing that makes sense at this point is to take the carpets out...except that to remove the front carpet in a BMW is ridiculous (other cars I've owned also) and that's NOT the level of commitment I'm willing to get into at this point.

I took out the rear section of the carpet which was completely saturated in water and propped up the front as much as I could

Well this escalated quickly...

So for the next few days I used a combination of synthetic chamois, sponges and whatever else I could think of blot, squeeze, pinch and absorb all the water I could out of the underside of the carpet, which is obviously the most water retentive material known to man.

Even after days of the hot sun and all my efforts the underside of the carpet was still damp so I strategically placed several small fans under and left them running.

Now it's time to try and clean this:

Sponsored Links