View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 08:52 PM

alberniken is on a distinguished road
Don't be jealous

Well I spent time pricing out used knuckles in case I had to deal with worst case.

Weather turned very nice (15C in the Canadian tropics out west here) so I decided to search out all the tools I thought I might need.

The essential kit is in the picture; the hammer punch extractor, impact driver with adapters, propane torch, T50 torx, WD40 and never seize (for assembly)

I had soaked the area with WD40 over last couple of days, then used torch until I got smoke on all sides of joint. Using punch tool, I hammered clock-wise a couple of times first, then switched to CC. After a few whacks and more heat, I used the impact driver, very carefully making sure well seated. After cracking at it about 30 secs, it suddenly let loose.

Then I applied more heat and a couple of chisels to pry out balljoint. Took my time and worked around the flange to spread a bit at a time. Had BJ out in about 10 minutesThere was much rejoicing...

Just for shtz and gigs, I am making a DIY solid bushing on the tension arm. It just seems way to pliable.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links