View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 12:41 PM

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
(and using a time when we got to DC on horseback seems a bit.. inappropriate. )
Kennedy and Gore's elections were included in those examples, I think horses were a novelty on Pennsylvania Ave by that point. But I get your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
The idea that Trump and Trumpism is no worse than all the politics that have come before seems wrong.

The rule breaking, the norm breaking, the demonizartion.... the polarization... to say it is all 'just the same as it has always been' is very hard for me to reconcile.

and Trump taking it to the electoral college voting day before he allows anyone to cooperate with transition? Just his right? No worse than has been done before?
I agree, it seems horrible, and definitely more than a little disheartening. But that's politics, Trump has just dragged it all onto social media and heightened its visibility to the rest of us. If the American public is horrified by what the system has become, they should vote third party. Is that a wasted vote? Maybe, until hopefully (it's the only hope I have left for Washington) enough of the electorate is fed up with our corporate overlords running things. At the least, vote against the incumbent. That's what happened in Trump's case. I think the voting majority was more "against Trump" than they were "for Biden."

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links