View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 03:35 PM

ValkyrE53 is on a distinguished road
2003 E53 4.6is Cargo Cover Roller Blind on Rails Track

I’ve been looking for days now without finding any instructions on how to remove the Cover Blind along with the Plastic Trim below windows in the Cargo area, where the multiple rods within the Blind slide along.

I’m attaching what might be the diagram of it, per RealOem, but it is not the Part 15 style blind with only 1 rod which hooks into the interior D pillar. Name:  IMG_1211.JPG
Views: 371
Size:  118.3 KB

There’s a section of the plastic rail (closest to the back seat) which looks like it pops off and maybe reveals screws, but it’s not coming off easily, and last thing I want is to crack any of these parts.

Anyone know how to remove this, or where I might find instructions?

I’m hopefully removing this to add to my X5, from a 4.6is that arrived in my local salvage yard from a passenger side impact wreck. If anyone needs any parts, I can try to get them.
PWheels, side mirrors, headunit, climate control, rear lift gate and drop gate, window regulators, front and rear bumper, rear wheel flares, and maybe more I can’t see, are all gone . . . local scavengers rip the car up just to see what they can sell, usually destroying everything in their path. It’s sad, so hopefully I can get back to it tomorrow before anything else is destroyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Xoutpost.com

Last edited by ValkyrE53; 12-01-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Sponsored Links