View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 03:48 PM

Maruzo is on a distinguished road
Just took off the wheel again to have a look at the passenger side sway bar links. The rubber boot on the top and bottom end of the link looks intact and showing no cracks, almost brand new.

I'm wrapping the tapes just the same and will do the same on the driver side link as well.

But i'm now doubtful the tap tap sound which you described exactly is coming from the sway bar links.

Will report back when I drive home tonight.

Update:

Big problem after jacking up the right front side:

1. I hear the air compressor coming on while I jacked up the car from the right front jack point. It seems to move the jack down slowly. I was using an older E30 jack that fits perfectly into the jack point.

I lowered the car quickly and decided to disconnect the battery and then jack up the right side to tape up the sway bar links.

2. After I completed the wrapping of the link I put back the tire and lowered the jack, then moved to the driver side to jack up the left front side of the car. This time using a regular floor jack with a polyurethan jack pad. (i used the same set up a couple of times on the front right yesterday when I was trying to connect the ride height sensor.

3. The bolt refused to yield and i gave up soon because i had a short wrench and wasn't getting enough force onto the bolt. So I lowered the jack and decide to do the driver side tomorrow when I can source a breaker bar.

4. I noticed that the entire right side of the car is now way up abnormally compared to the left side.

I plugged in the battery and the problem remains. I started up the car hoping the compressor would kick in again to bring the car back to level, but it didn't. I got DSC, 4X4, and car not level error.

I attempted to drive the car in reverse and then forward, and still nothing. I only moved a few feet because there's uneven forces acting on the steering wheel and I didn't want to make the problem worse than it already is.

Any suggestions?

My friend tells me to give it time and maybe it'll readjust the suspension level.

Sponsored Links