View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 11:38 PM

c-bass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meestahbig View Post
Thank you for taking the time to write that up. Those comments are helpful and I learned a few things. Much appreciated.

My CCV "stuff" is on the way... I think it's worthwhile taking my time and having the experience of removing the intake manifold. The CCV swap is easy from there.

I'm also going to replace all the vacuum hoses.

Car will be like new, lol.
I agree and fully support your line of thinking about replacing the end of line parts.

I would like to point out that you can 100% replace the CCV without having to remove the intake manifold if you're sacrificing the old CCV.

Breaking apart the old brittle plastic hoses won't be difficult and the new ones will have enough give to snake everything in without fear of damage.

Make sure you lube the o rings so everything snaps together properly. Nothing worse than having to take everything apart because something popped off.

Since you're replacing all the brittle stuff don't forget there is usually a couple rubber caps where you could attach vaccuum hoses in the back of the intake manifold on the right hand side if you're looking at the engine. Those have a tendency of cracking and it's very difficult to tell unless you pull them off. You can reach back there relatively easily to check.

Arrows 1 and 2

Sponsored Links