View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 11:04 PM

SBBimmer is on a distinguished road
So...I've decided to go down ALL the rabbit holes on this one. 1) I ordered the Carly adapter during their "Valentine's Sale" ($64.90 including shipping but returnable for 14 days, plus $64 a year for the full BMW license, also refundable in first 14 days). It doesn't appear to have shipped and it's coming from Germany so who knows when I'll see it (or whether I even want it, but I'm willing to ship it back to Oregon per their instructions just to give it a try). 2) I ordered a Foxwell 510NT from Amazon, of course they have now changed their delivery promise to next Thursday, but that will let me feel less bad if I return it, and 3) I am trying to sort out a cable and computer for BMW Scanner 1.4 (sorry, but inpa and dis seem like the wrong direction for little me). I can get a 20 year old Win XP serial port laptop with a bad battery and broken screen for about $130, or a new (USB only) Asus Win 10 machine with warranty and return privileges for $189. Hard to swallow the old machine. Still looking for the cable. There are some available from guys who want $99 for a $12 cable (I'll pay $30, but have a hard time with anything more, I might as well be raped by Carly).

I'll keep the thread posted on how the different scanners do. I've got two cars to check out. Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links