View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 12:48 PM

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-bass View Post
I've been using Liqui Moly products the last few years. Engine flush at every oil change and jectron and valve clean alternating every few tanks of gas.

Having cleaned out some of the mayo and gunk from the top end of M54s when changing a valve cover gasket I honestly don't see how much cleaning a liquid mixed with oil would do.

Thre's been quite a bit of elbow grease used to clean the build up off and anything that's gunked up and hard I'm pretty sure wouldn't budge with anything less than a brush. I've even poured a bit of cleaner directly on the gunk and it's not like it just washed away.

Do I believe anything horrible would happen? Probably not, but I don't think any of these cleaning solutions are nearly as effective as I would have originally thought.
Oh for sure. I should have mentioned that before I do the seafoam I run a quart of ATF for ~500 miles to loosen things up. It worked wonders on the heavily sludged n52 in our wagon. LoL, use that at your own risk though. Could be easy to clog oil passages with the amount of crap that comes off.

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links