View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 03:24 PM

c-bass is on a distinguished road
The Black Bastard has been in dire need of new brakes all around since I bought it but it was being a prick and I held off to see what the end result would be with the misfires before I sunk more money into it.

When I went in to get a better look I was actually pretty impressed this thing stopped at all

Money has been tight and I didn't think that it was worthy of the Zimmerman rotors I normally go with so I investigated other options.

I usually look around Kijiji and marketplace before I buy something retail just in case someone wrote off their vehicle with a pile of new parts and stumbled across a marketplace ad for "Premium rotors".

I contacted the seller and was quoted $130 for both front rotors and a set of ceramic brake pads.

Normally I'd pay about the same for a single Zimmerman rotor so the curiosity and being cheap getting the best of me I decided to go for it. BB needed some end links as well so for another $70 I got the "heavy duty" ones.

A few days later I met the seller at a parking lot and he wasn't quite what I expected. Not really a car/parts guy at all, just someone peddling offshore brake and misc auto parts as a side gig and didn't look like he could wrench on a bicycle. So as far as getting a better idea who makes this stuff fogeddaboudit.

Either way the price was right on the rotors and the pads basically cost me $10 extra so even if they last for a few months I'd be fine with that.

As you can see from the amazing quality control job with a dime size wood chip on the packaging these brake pads are sure to be....of equal quality

The black metal part of the brake isn't even attached mechanically. Just pressure fit

Sponsored Links