View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 11:11 PM

EODguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidzer0 View Post
Update time; all the parts came in, fuel pump, fuel filter, thermostat, 2 temp sensors along with vanos solenoid seals.

I replaced everything, cleaned the vanos solenoids (P/O’s mechanic gunked them up with gasket maker.... the n62 was running beautifully for 10 whole minutes, heat is perfect and gauge is working again, until it started to throw P0342 and P0011 codes... cam shaft position sensor codes, which makes no sense since I didn’t work on the cam shafts or even near them.

What I think is happening is that one or more of the connectors for the vanos solenoids are not good or I might have buggered up the install somehow. They were actuating when I was cleaning them.

I’m hoping it’s a wire or connector, because putting them back in is a nightmare, I did make sure they are completely seated in the head, so that’s not the issue.

Any advice? Maybe I’m over looking something. Also, sensor A refers to the intake sensor (?) but it doesn’t mention which bank....

Adding codes:

Thank you!
I don't know if this is why and have never found out for sure if this is causing the problem, but.....

Vanos solenoids have a separate menu on the Foxwell NT-510 basically saying "park or stop them" for removal/maintenance. Maybe not doing this step increases the odds of causing position errors (rarely happens?) and that's why you're getting the camshaft error. I have seen many people here do their vanos without having camshaft errors popping up but I don't know how many people have used the vanos sub-menu since most folks write that they replaced them, etc. and not whether they did the extra step.

I know this is probably clear as mud but hopefully someone else will be along to explain it better or shoot down my guesstimate above. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
"When the Team Chief said.... You're trapped in a hole with nothing but a goat and a slinky, what do you do? Stubby said, I'm not sure but it won't end well for the goat...." ~(Overheard) Last day, Phase 3, Q Course

Sponsored Links