View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 11:11 AM

andrewwynn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by guntherrex View Post
Ok, still annoyed by the wooshing noise while driving, I decided to look a bit further into the clutch fan. With the car off it moves freely, with a good damping. Seems ok. Then I started the car (cold), the fan should be easy to stop from what I see on youtube... guess what: that's not stopping unless you do some serious damage (or turn the car off of course)

The funny thing is that usually when driving away with a cold engine when I get up to speed the noise drops at around 2500/3000rpm and the car sounds great. so that seems the fluid returns as normal and the clutch function actually works for a while. When the car gets hot again the fan gets loud, which I suppose is a good thing.

What worries me is that I don't know if this fan is properly capped at 2500rpm, because I can hear the pitch go up after that RPM range. This is a new fan that was installed after the old one grenaded and messed up the engine bay.

My feeling is I should replace the clutch fan again...

If the clutch locks up at high RPM, the blades will come off the fan and destroy anything in their path. You definitely want to replace the clutch.

Sponsored Links