View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 03:48 PM

BigLion is on a distinguished road
Eureka moment - easily streaming music from phone to Boardmonitor stereo!

So I already installed the OEM Aux Input retrofit since years ago - but whenever you choose a portable device to connect, they mostly have a very weak sound output and you have to crank the volume up on the stereo which makes it out of wack with the radio volume. Headphone outputs don't really cut it on a line in jack.

My car has a DSP amp which made the Eonon head unit swap impossible - eventually chatting with their CS in China revealed that that HU wasn't designed with the digital amp in mind. I'm not inclined to replace the amp and a good deal of wiring as I try to keep as much as possible to stock specs (except the air suspension, of course) - I replaced the Boardmonitor more or less resigned to not having a decent connection to my portable devices, unless I made a major change to the whole setup.

So, the other day it hit me and I went for an experimental purchase - a Bluetooth *adaptor* with a proper line out signal. I purchased this one at my local book/ stationery superstore, keeping the receipt and carefully opening the packaging in case it wasn't satisfactory. There was a Logitech one which cost less money and I would have bought it in a heartbeat, had it not required AC power in! The BT device comes with a 12V DC car adaptor to charge it, which you can run from the hidden socket under the glovebox and run the cable through behind the glovebox door.

I have to say the DA conversion is very good - it rings through clear with plenty of bass; the main thing is it's always ready to connect to the phone's BT and the level is on a par with the radio, so there's no volume shock when you change inputs. I'd recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to make a big, irreversible upgrade job to the stereo.
Attached Images

1990 E30 320iSE Sterlingsilber

Sponsored Links