Thread: E53 vs E70
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 02:56 PM
Premier Member

bcredliner is on a distinguished road
Number of miles on the clock certainly makes a difference. But, so do the completeness of service records. If there are complete records mileage is not as important. I focus on vehicles with 75,000 miles or less, l-2 owners, and pass a PPI with flying colors. In US a clean Carfax is another measurement. I suggest being flexible as to which generation you buy. However, there may be technology or features that are not available in an E53 and are on an E70 that are important to you. Another consideration is parts availability. Some parts for an E53 are being discontinued. In the past 2-3 years I have noticed that aftermarket suppliers offer fewer and fewer parts for E53s and fewer parts are available from the dealer. If you are not pressed for time you can find a good X5 of either vintage. There is also pay now or later to consider. I have never won the gamble on paying less now and paying less later, Even though, IMO the E53 styling is aging better, if I were shopping I would go with the newest E70 I could afford because after 10 years or more old it's more of a shot in the dark if you have purchased a good X5 regardless how careful you are before purchasing.

Sponsored Links