View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 07:20 PM

oldskewel is on a distinguished road
LOL nice video

That is a huge, positive change that you can get the sound when in Park. It now rules out problems with the wheels, wheel bearings, diff, AT, CV joints, aerodynamic effects, etc.

You've definitely got some things going on with the codes there, not all (any?) of which could be caused by a bad pulley bearing.

So I'd reset the codes and see what comes back. You may as well work through them, largely independent of the noise. And it could be that you've got a hose that fell off and is causing many things, including the sound.

But now that you know the noise can happen when parked, it brings anything driven by the belt much more into the prime suspect area. Be very careful with the stethoscope and spinning things like the fan - it can be dangerous.

LOL, if all those codes are real (they come back after reset), this might actually be a time when a parts cannon approach has a good chance of fixing something.

But really, I'd start working through them. The sound may be one of the toughest things to track down, and maybe you'll fix the sound as you chase down the codes. Pay attention to when the codes come back. Check often.

Sponsored Links