View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 03:51 PM
Premier Member

bcredliner is on a distinguished road
A bad bearing does sound just like that but the fact it goes away is unusual. If the bearing is pulled out of alignment such as when the bracket holding tensioner is loose it might come and go.

A vacuum leak can also sound like that and will would go away based on RPMs as the amount of vacuum changes with RPMs. If the codes in the video are what you are seeing that also is directional for a vacuum leak (multiple misfires). Wouldn't have those codes if it is just a bearing. I have heard that sound and found it was the oil fill cap or vacuum hose. If the oil cap it could be an emission control malfunction.

After watching your video, which was very entertaining, I can see why the stethoscope was not helpful. I don't think you have to completely remove the belt. If you use a wrench to release the pressure on the belt enough to remove the belt in that location you will be able to spin the other bearings and with a noise like you have you will feel and hear the bad one.

Have you tried listening to the sound from laying on the floor in the front and from each side?

Sponsored Links