View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 11:32 AM

80stech is on a distinguished road
Even worse, my NGK Iridium's didn't last and I bought them them at Canadian tire which is a pretty big chain by Canadian standards. They where packaged paired in NGK bubble packs instead of boxes and less money so I should have been more suspicious but everything looked legit. After they started failing (I got burned by 2 or 3 sets of these before I figured out what was going on!) I had a closer look and sure enough even though they seem to be legit NGK the bubble pack ones say on them "made in the USA with parts from Japan" while the cardboard box ones bought elsewhere say only "Japan." Canadian tire is famous for having things manufactured for them by reputable brands and putting their name on them. For example their "Motomaster" spark plugs are actually made by "Champion" and they advertise that letting the customer think they are getting the same quality but they are NOT. In the case of the NGK Iridium it seems that this has gone one step further and NGK is making a cheaper version and leaving their name on them! Don't get me started on wheel bearings!

Sponsored Links