View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 06:33 AM

wpoll will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry200 View Post
Hi everyone,
Larry here from Australia. New to this forum and finding it difficult to find my way around.
I am the recent owner of 2003 diesel X5, 3lts 6, 135kW. When I first drove the car it bellowed copious amounts of smoke. Would've been at home in a scene from James Bond 007. Worked out it was as seriously blocked crankcase breather oil separator filter. Probably never been changed. It also made a strange whistling sound when boost came on. No such noise revving when stopped.
I tried to search for this and could only find what seemed to be it on petrol/gas engines. No postings on diesel engines.
Can anyone help me please. Tried doing a search using ' what is causing my x5 3.0d e53 to whistle during acceleration?'. Obviously not doing this correctly as it is trying to search on each part of the 'argument'.
Thank you,
Larry
Sounds like it could be a boost leak, anywhere from the turbo compressor through the intercooler and into the intake manifold. Check the inlet (boost) pipe joints of signs of a leak (often given away buy an oily mist at the joint).

Sponsored Links