View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 09:02 PM

kspark is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henn28 View Post
Sounds like a backwards swap is in order!

For those running bigger tires and wheels than stock, and lifts too if present, I’d be interested to hear about your fuel mileage experiences. I’ve been getting about 13.5 mpg around town here in New Orleans. It’s been several years, but I seem to recall getting around 15 mpg around town on the OEM 18” set up that came on the car. It does have 150k on it, but I’m not sure that matters with fuel economy?

I was planning on jumping into my wiring harness for the stereo upgrade later this week, but my wife’s 2015 Grand Cherokee (80k) decided to develop transfer case issues yesterday. When shifting between P, D, and R a distinct and rattle or knocking is heard from the T-case. It continues at low speed until, I think, lockup happens. I unplugged the electric motor on the transfer case and the noise disappeared. Next step I guess is to remove the motor but leave it plugged in and see what happens. Fingers are crossed that it is only the electric motor.
I get about 1 MPG less with the Falken Wildpeaks on (17.0 MPG mostly highway vs 18.0 on all-seasons).

Surprisingly, refreshing the suspension improved fuel economy quite a bit.

Sponsored Links