View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 12:51 AM

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Like you E53Envyy, I am very pro choice on an individual and corporate level, with exceptions in both cases of course.

I am against seat belt mandates for adults, I am against the mandates for companies to require vaccination, and I am against governors (like mine in Texas) punishing companies who choose to require the vaccination. Employers (non-gov't) should have a choice, and employees should have the choice to work there or not. Schools have always been able to require shots for students, the pfizer vaccine is now fully approved, that should no longer be a point of contention. If a parent does not like the requirement, pull your kid out and enroll them in another school, or (as we have) home school them.

That said, anyone choosing not to the get the vaccine is rolling the dice and taking a chance they will not have bad symptoms or hospitalization as a result of getting infected. Which they will. At some point, we will all be exposed. But the fact that the vaccine, in most cases, reduces infection by a large factor, and then by a higher factor reduces severe symptoms, and then an even higher factor reduces hospitalization is, I would hope, proven by now. Anyone denying that is a zealot for some reason or another, whether it be politics, religion, etc. The only valid reason, to me, for not taking the shot is those afraid to take it because it might have long term effects. Which we won't know for decades. But again, they are risking their health and possibly lives on that. Which is their right. If anyone says that is their chosen reason, then I have no issue. Only time will tell who made the right call in that regards.

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links