View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 03:28 PM

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruzo View Post
That's quoting a little out of context, cw..

My question isn't towards you, but glad you're doing all you can to protect your loved one.

The guy at the tweeter video called them "dumb fucks". To each his own. Just to be clear, I'm not that overzealous to think antivaxxers are all idiots.
Fair enough. My apologies. I was inferring that you agreed with homeless guy or Twitter poster.

Quote:
think there's a lot more we can do to curtail the spread of covid. A lot more.

Obviously we're limited to what we can do. Mandates seems extremely unpopular in this country.
For good reason. Governments rarely return powers granted to them. Hell, we can't even get till roads removed once their intended purpose had been funded.

Quote:
While you believe in the vaccine enough to take them, it bothers me a little that you do not have enough confidence in it to convince others to do the same.

If you believe in a product because you've used it and benefited from its use, won't you at least try and pass on what you've learned?

I mean I respect the rights of others to not take the vaccine, but I also believe we have a duty to our fellow citizens to make sure they do the right thing.

There's an old saying: we each wipe away the snows from our own driveway.

The underlying meaning being that what's on your driveway is your own reasponsibility.

I think there's more to it than that, if our species as a whole can move on and improve. Or even to survive.
My beliefs or decisions are mine. I don't enjoy Jehovah's witnesses soliciting their beliefs at my door. I'll provide info that supports my decision if asked or in a forum discussing the subject. But I'm not going to try too hard to change anyone's mind. I find the older I get the more I feel that way.

I certainly don't concern myself with the overall well-being of the human species. As nature demands (or a god for the theists out there), we will be phased out at some point.

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links