View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 07:15 AM

Redding is on a distinguished road
Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for the feedback. Even though I'm only coming back to this thread now, it was solved some time ago. The headlights high beam issue was fixed and they are working perfectly fine now (indicators, parking lights, low beams, high beams and adaptive (directional/cornering) headlights.

Just like you suggested, the Full Led installation procedure was applied in reverse order in terms of wire connections. But the coding was done at the end.

The guys at the shop took some time because the idea was to be able to use the harness again should the LED lights were to be re-installed. So it was left in place.

I was a little concerned because the xenon headlights had come from a US model. On the other hand, I managed to get the Full LED headlights from my European model into the US model as well but that's another story. It was done a couple of weeks ago so that's the reason why I'm only coming back to this thread now.

In the end, I was able to un-retrofit the headlights (from a European model) and installed them on another car (US model) and had all major functions work properly with one little exception. The orange markers on the US model xenon headlights don't work on the EU model despite that option being turned on with the coding options. But that's not a big deal anyway. On the US model with EU Full LED headlights everything works with no exception, even the orange side markers light up normally.

If you effectively reverse each step of the procedure, you should be able to go back the original headlight configuration without problems. This might be an option as the price of the Full LED Headlights for the E70/71 aren't coming down that much. So it might be an option to whoever did this retrofit and kept the original headlights go back and sell them separately.

Sponsored Links