View Single Post
Old 12-25-2021, 11:21 AM

GOFAST GUY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5chemist View Post
I've had the same idea. I wondered if someone had stuffed an LS motor into an X5. Even a 5.3 with 325-375 HP will burn the wheels off. A 6.0 or 6.2 make tons of toque. If can can be done to an X3, an X5 even better. A cable drive LS with a stand alone harness can be done. The intake alone is a straight connection into the TB.

Checkout this 5.3 X5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOaYpAwkb1I

If I win a lotto in my life time, I'll do an X5 Hellcat!!
Since these engines can be had for only a couple hundred bucks, its just a matter of building the mounts, which aren't that hard really and buying a stand alone wiring harness. Make sure to grab the gas peddle and fuel pump and float also. If you got an LQ4 the wiring harness with the engine would work well. I opted for the LY6 which had the LS3 heads but it came with the body control module and Variable Valve timing, which i deleted so I had to order the harness.
When sourcing your build, if you can find a set of LS3 heads then definitely go with the LQ4 engine. I have one torn down on a pallet waiting to go into my E36 M3 when I find time and money.
You will need a custom driveshaft so factor in another $500-$800
also a 1999 Corvette fuel filter which will convert the one way LS fuel line into a return system for the BMW but those are cheap at any parts store.
03 BMW 4.6IS
98 BMW E36 M3 modified

Sponsored Links