View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 09:33 PM

smdimjesus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskewel View Post
Assuming you have the 3.0i (like I do) ...

No the problem you describe would not interact with the ATF other than to change the cooling of it. No ATF mixing or leakage could occur.

The ATF cooler plugs into the plastic frame that also holds the expansion tank. The in and out coolant flow pipes are there, along with an aluminum circular stud thing. That is clipped in place with the clip shown here. Could it be that you lost the clip, or did not properly insert it? It should very securely prevent the ATF cooler from popping out.

Attachment 81567
Okay cool, I was super worried. Here is an image of the problem I was describing, excuse the low quality..
puixxxx 1.PNG

Now the orientation of the clip from a top down view is on the left side about center. Before I did anything to my cooling system I actually noticed the clip wasn't parallel to the ground, it was diagonal, so I did move it to be parallel to the ground.

The transmission cooler comes out with my finger, I don't believe I have it secured properly(obviously).

Does the circular stud thing mount it to the plastic frame? I have the clip, but I don't know if its in.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links