View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 03:27 AM

omodos is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpoll View Post
Another Gemini - me too!

Sounds like you've done an "Italian Tune-Up"...

Given that the level of boost is controlled by the VGT (VVT) system, maybe the actuator was jammed but has freed up somehow..

Can't see how but I can't think what else could account for a sudden change.
Totally nuts yes and to be frank after all I have read since I lost power i refrained from being too harsh on the peddle, and also made a policy of allowing the car to idle for a 30 odd seconds at the end of a journey and then turning off engine.....read this is 'good' for the turbo...

Yup something must have unclogged, note I put gear into S mode, no kids or wife in the car so gave it some stick...dunno when manifold was done they did tell me they swapped out air filter as I asked but no way of verifying, they binned old part, maybe the faster air intake flushed out a dirty filter no idea...and doubt recent oil change did anything either...and not sure it is the actual high revs I hit on the trip, as 10 days ago during the MOT (not sure you have the same wording in New Zealand) to test the emissions I am sure the know redlined it on the ramp, all I know is my whistling has come back and its music to my ears.....

Hahahahah gemini bet you too sitting staring at the enlarged moon like a lunatic too wondering what to do next on your X5...

re next air filter replacement I will refer to that russian fellas vid...I reckon I can manage it going forward....

Last edited by omodos; 06-15-2022 at 04:52 AM.

Sponsored Links