View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 05:10 PM

chasers36 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpoll View Post
Pre-LCI and LCI tails work differently so don't read much into what other examples of e53 X5 cars do - what did your original tails do?

I honestly don't remember what they did, I suppose i could switch back the 2 pins and plug in my old light to tell you, but i think i'm satisfied with the result, and i think i discovered why the brake light is not acting as a tail light.

I got my BMW scanner hooked up to disable the cold check for the brake lights and taillights. Interestingly, the error that shows up in the scanner shows it to be for the "rear side lights" and not rear taillights, and for the brake light. I took a look at the coding, and it shows that there is a section for Cold checks, but doesn't include an option for side lights or brake lights, but there is in the BC messages section. So i deselected the rear side lights and brake lights, and now i don't get any more errors. There was also an option called "brake lights as side lights", which was not selected. I imagine if i enabled that option, the brake light would then become active as a taillight, but i'm not sure since i switched the pins what effect that would have, guess i can just test to see, but also don't wanna bork things up and possibly fry lights.

Also noticing that the upper led taillight has a slightly noticeable flicker, i imagine this would be solved using capacitors like i've seen so many other people suggesting.
Attached Images

Chase -

Sponsored Links