View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 10:50 AM

billthornton is on a distinguished road
Excellent Job Richard, this works great.

I am new to this forum, and have done a fair amount of searching to try to get to grips with a few things. With regard to the proximity warning for the speed cameras, does anyone know the following (apologies if this has been asked before).

Does anyone have the source code for the Nav OS? And the language its written in? Also are there any emulators available for the nav hardware?

I am guessing that the way the nav works things out is, on a route A to B there is so many routing options (or points) that it must tell the driver about? If we could make the speed camera one of these routing options then the nav would inform the driver 'Speed Camera in 3/4 mile" (or whatever voice file we tell it to play) etc just like it does when you approach a roundabout i.e. "In 3/4 mile go straight ahead at roundabout".

I know this is probably not the nicest way, by hardcoding the points into the routing, but i would guess it seems the most likely to work?

If anyone has the source code have they tried messing with this part of the routing?

Bill.

Sponsored Links