View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 02:06 AM
*** Is this thing on? ***

B-Line is on a distinguished road
CJ,

Before you take a match and burn your perfectly good BMW, RELAX...

When I lived in Miami we would have terrential (sp?) rain pours all the time. As I lived on an island, sometimes there would be a water accumulation and the only way home was through it. At the time, I had an Audi A4.

So, a number of times, I built up some ramming speed and drove my way through the puddle. It's not good to do this, I don't suggest it, but sometimes you gotta go and don't have much other choice.

I would have the car stall after ward on occassion and even a car died after doing this but came back to life the next day.. Let your car dry out and see what happens. I'd bet at least 50% chance, it will be fine. You probably got water in the exhaust. But again, all the times I did this, it never did any significant damage and believe you me, those puddles were huge.. Water would come on the windshield and I wouldn't be able to see. I do remember clunking noise and the car acting a little weird for a couple days though.

-- However, my bro also did this once in 1991. It was my dads BMW 735il and in Jamaca Queens, he was on his way home from the south shore to the north shore. He drove through a puddle that everyone else drove through and the car seized, in the middle of the puddle. It was pouring out and the electronics got hit. The sunroof and windows opened and the seats started moving about on their own. The entire electronics of the car were destroyed and water flooded in the car. It was about $20K worth of damage in 1992 dollars.

But if you got your car home, don't be surprised if it has problems turning over. Play with it.. You might not have done any significant damage.

B

"When two people agree on everything, one of them is not necessary" - Arliss

Sponsored Links