View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Chairman/Moderator/Premier Member

Kewl X5 is on a distinguished road
Agree with Josh re: SMG....It takes time to learn how to drive it smoothly, but once you do it is fine. Just another way of driving a stick....

I test drove the M5 with SMG last month and found it to be smoother than the M3's SMG, but really, M3 SMG is not jerky if you know how to drive it.

BTW Josh, you forgot to program your M5 to make your green tea with boba with your M-button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANguru
ok.. I can see it now.. haha.. here's my take. The idiot is a tool. There is a clutch. Just no clutch pedal. People make the mistake of taking their foot of the gas in between shifts and also shifting under 3K. SMG is very jerky if you do either of that or a combination of both. A little practice and you can be extremely smooth. Also on the downshifts, you do need to keep foot on gas to get the FULL blip. Most of these idiots journalists don't understand that. pretty funny. If they say the acceleration of the Camaro and CTS-V is comparable, he was NOT in p500 Sport mode. Besides, with M drive, you set it and forget it. my preference, P500S, EDCII, MDM on, Active Seats on, and Drivelogic at S5. One push of button..

Sponsored Links