Thread: Convertible M5
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Premier Member

JCL will become famous soon enoughJCL will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupe10123
Yes, we know the M5 is a four door. What does that have to do with anything? Four door converts use to be common place in the U.S. and better engineering makes it 'easy' to do now, just not a common desire anymore. Anyway, many good custom shops do this type of thing. Doesen't seem like I'm going to get a lot of help here, so custom shop here I come.
By 'used to be' I assume you mean 1961. Hmmm, 45 years ago. Were you buying cars then? I thought that the Lincoln was the last one, and it was by no means common-place. You could go back to the thirties, and Duesenberg, if you like. They weren't common-place either, though. Sure you don't mean four seater, not four door?

It would be much easier to do it now if cars had ladder frames, like they did in 1961. Guess you could get a custom shop to install one under an M5. May need a V12 to haul around all the extra weight, though.

So, the idea is ludicrous, as is the idea of a 16 year old driving an M5, no matter how much money her parents want to spend on her whims, and how many performance driving schools she attends.

So, I am with several of the above posters.

Attached Images

Retired:
2008 535i, 6 MT, M Sport, Premium, Space Grey
2003 X5 3.0 Steptronic, Premium, Titanium Silver

2002 325xi 5 MT, Steel Grey
2004 Z4 3.0 Premium, Sport, SMG, Maldives Blue

Sponsored Links