View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 07:24 PM
..make it happn' capn'

Wagner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosvs
Hey everyone-

As some of you probably read, due to the ongoing problems with my aging (115,000 miles) X5, we are strongly considering trading it in for an E46 M3.

The most important thing is that:

* it must be convertible

* it MUST have extended warranty (100,000 miles / 5 yrs?)

* i would like SMG *IF* it won't be a maintenance nightmare like other electrohydraulic manuals (Ferrari, Lambo, etc.)

* it MUST have GPS satnav

* has upgraded HK audio

From my preliminary research, it seems like it should be possible to obtain an 04 or 05 model for the low $40Ks ... agreed?

ALSO: if buying from a NON-BMW seller (e.g., indepenent dealer, private party, etc) ... can I take it to BMW to extend the warranty?

Finally: I understand that early M3s had blown engine problems, but I think this was remedied after 2004 year models. Correct?

Thank you!!

You can take it to a dealer and attempt to have it CPO'd but this costs $$$.

Mid 40's sounds reasonable for a lower mileage CPO car.

S54 engine issue was fixed as of 2003 (which also introduced LED tails). BMW offered a special warranty, 100K, on the motor for specific vehicles.

SMG?? Don't do it. 6-spd all the way, world of difference. I had a E46M3 6spd, a friend had the SMG...totally different cars IMO.

An unwavering defender of those I see worth protecting.

"promote the general welfare, not provide the general welfare"

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Sponsored Links