View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 10:17 PM

msammy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm_wizard
Sorry to dredge this up from the past. I left my X5 4.8is parked in front of our house for 3 days while I was away. When I came home again the battery was completely dead. I would start with a boost, but the message screen says "engine failsafe mode"

I have taken it to the dealer today, and they just called to say essentially that they couldn't find anything wrong except the battery needed a charge (duhh!). I have told them I will be truly annoyed if it has to be boosted again, but they claim there is nothing wrong with the battery or the charging system.

This whole process started a couple of weeks ago when the bluetooth wouldn't work, followed a week later by the remote not working (key needed), and then this. If I hadn't made the appointment two weeka ago I would be stewing around without a vehicle!

Has anyone run into this? And was there a final resolution?

Thanks,

John
John, if they have deep charged the battery and the charging system checks out OK, then some faulty module is draining the battery. Follow attached thread to find a few diagnostic procedures from Morristown BMW. I tried as instructed and found there was nothing wrong with my car, sleep mode was working fine. You'll need a fluke multimeter and a couple of hours of time - if you find that your X will not enter "sleep" mode, then you need to start pulling fuses to zero in on what circuit is causing the problems. Also, just for ha-ha's, disconnect your cell phone charger when not in use even though it switches off with the key - it's worth a shot! Anyway, good luck and hope this helps pinpoint your problem!

http://www.xoutpost.com/x5-e53-forum/...ery-drain.html
2022 X6///M - Toronto Red, Silverstone Full Merino Leather, Executive Package w/Remote Engine Start, Soft-close doors, Heated & Cooled Cupholders, Front Ventilated Seats, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Front Massaging Seats, Carbon Fiber Trim.

2002 X5 3.0i, Sport Premium, Titanium Silver, Grey Dakota, Cold Weather Pkg, Xenons, DICE, LED Tails, just a winter vehicle...

2007 550i, Sport Premium, Silver Grey Metallic, Grey Dakota, Nav, Cold Weather Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Xenons.

Sponsored Links