View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 12:00 AM

msammy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilburn
So looks like i have been introduced to the next level of X5 ownership. This morning while driving home, all of a sudden the DSC triangle, ABS light, and Brake light (yellow not red) flashed on. The MID displayed "DSC off" then went away. I pushed the check control and it read "ok."

I tried turning it off, then back on, same thing. Ok so I read these threads that are similar in issue:
http://www.xoutpost.com/x5-e53-forum/...sc+brake+light
http://www.xoutpost.com/x5-e53-forum/...sc+brake+light

However mine did not stall and as far as i know the battery has not died on me.

So the big question...I need my car next weekend. If it goes away is this something I can live (and not crash and die) with? The *$*#*@ stealer around here takes 3 weeks for an appointment, so thats why I am worried.

Any ideas/tips/comments would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks y'all!
I had the same problem with my X5 this past winter and I see you found my post on that. From my experience in that incident, I had no DSC (starting traction control in the snow) which is no biggie in DC in July (all four tires would just spin like crazy in the snow for me last winter). Here's the bad part - you have NO DSC stopping and NO anti-lock brakes in your current situation - all four tires will skid like a 1972 Ford Pinto in an emergency stop for you. BE CAREFUL if you need to drive the vehicle!!! Call the $tealer and demand an appointment to have them look at this - it's probably just a fault code that needs to be cleared. Until you have the $tealer do this - you have NO anti-lock brakes at all and NO DSC in an emergency stop - I know - it happened on mine! Drive carefully!
2022 X6///M - Toronto Red, Silverstone Full Merino Leather, Executive Package w/Remote Engine Start, Soft-close doors, Heated & Cooled Cupholders, Front Ventilated Seats, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Front Massaging Seats, Carbon Fiber Trim.

2002 X5 3.0i, Sport Premium, Titanium Silver, Grey Dakota, Cold Weather Pkg, Xenons, DICE, LED Tails, just a winter vehicle...

2007 550i, Sport Premium, Silver Grey Metallic, Grey Dakota, Nav, Cold Weather Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Xenons.

Sponsored Links