View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 11:44 PM

AzNMpower32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueX5er
I like the TSX a lot too. It's a great car, and I've heard that the auto isn't that bad. So why not a TSX? It's not like she'll be street racing. (I hope).
Naw. I'm sure it'll be *okay*, but in today's world of distracted, rushed drivers driving hulking SUVs and minivans, response and power are a priority around here. Our X3, while short on power and high on weight, has surprising "seat-of-the-pants" torque and revs quickly through each gear. I'm sure on paper the 164 lb/ft torque and torque curve looks decent for the TSX, but Honda 4 cylinders absolutely must be paired with a manual.

-----------------------------------(off topic, short rant)--------------------
As you may know, my mom currently drives a '07 Civic EX AT (which we just bought in December). While it's not bad, we're looking for a potential replacement over the horizon since it just doesn't work for medium to long trips. The acceleration on a hot day, 2 passengers, and some luggage with the AC on is just insufferable coupled with the tall gearing. For a turn or lane changes, I have to mash the gas pedal and pray to god I don't get run over by that Dodge Ram or BMW X5, because the gearbox takes 2 years to downshift.........one gear at a time. It doesn't have that responsiveness I've come to experience from my BMW X3 or even my '96 Lexus ES. Now I know both are 6 cylinder cars, but even the Mazda3 2.3i was better geared and had broader shoulders. As a city car and grocery getter, the Civic performs it job admirably. It's even good-mannered and well planted on the backroads. But I had suggested the Civic back in Dec '06 because there was the plan to buy an '07 328i thru ED this summer. But the 328i never happened. So now the Civic is often made to do what I hadn't expected........longer journeys. Had I known this would happen, I would never have suggested the Civic. This may just be our shortest-lived car (the record is 13 months).

Sponsored Links