View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 04:35 AM
Premier Member

asawadude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkX5m
535+procede+exhaust
The Vishnu website has the 535i kit advertised. AA Tuning will likely have their 535i Xede out shortly as well, as there is little difference between the 335i and 535i powertrains. The biggest difference is the more restrictive single exhaust muffler of the 535i which translates into about a 10whp loss. Shiv reported in E90post.com preliminary dyno results of 315 whp and 342 lb-ft. back in June back in June for a Procede equipped 535i with V1.47 with plenty of power left untapped. Procede V2.0 software should be out shortly with new dyno results for both the 335i and 535i.

Considering there are dragslips of Procede and Xede equipped 335i's with running mid to high 12's, there's no doubt a Procede v2.0/Xede v1.5 equipped 535i would out perform a 550i at the track, at the strip, and at the pump.

It would also probably outrun your E39 M5.

The $9K difference between a 535i and a 550i will go along way towards buying a bunch of other goodies like exhaust, forged wheels, and a BBK.

For my 2nd car, I'd buy a mainstream hybrid like a Civic, Prius, or Altima. Seriously. We might as well learn what these cars are all about because before long, a lot of us will have at least 1 parked in the driveway. If rumors hold true, the next evolution of the Prius will get over 90mpg.

I'm not suggesting a hybrid for you. I'm just thinking out loud about my personal choice. What ever you decide for both vehicles would likely be a good choice.

Sponsored Links