View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 10:28 AM

DZeckhausen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljnlaw
Dave Z I am going to need some new pads and rotors all the way around for my 4.6is what do you recommend these days...I do not want to spend a lot of $$$ on a big brake set-up. Do you sell any good slotted or drilled rotors for the 4.6? Any new pad combos or should I stick with the Axxis and Porterfields? Don't worry you will be getting the order.
We've finally got Centric Premium front rotors in stock for the X5 4.6is and 4.8is. Those things are huge, at 356x36mm and 32 pounds each. I'm waiting for Centric to get back to me on pricing for the StopTech SportStop slotted version of these rotors. (Centric is the parent company of StopTech and PowerSlot.)

Axxis Deluxe pads are in stock and remain the favorite choice among owners of the "beast" X5, at a fraction of the cost of the Porterfield R4-S pads.

I expect to have the slotted rotors in 2 to 3 weeks.

Still nothing for the rear of the X5 4.6is and 4.8is. That's the same vented 324x20mm rear rotor that's used on the later X5 4.4i. There are sets on order at Centric, but it may be months before they become available in Premium and then another few weeks later in Slotted.

I'll update the site when the new parts become available.

Sponsored Links